Monday, August 13, 2012

Dona's Tattoo

Sometimes you find an interesting tattoo in the most unexpected places.  And I don't mean places on the body, either.  I was visiting my Dad at a nursing home last week, and no, he doesn't live there even though he's 91, he actually volunteers there.  As we were having lunch, one of the residents was admiring my tattoos and then said, "I have one, too, and I made it myself!"  As it turned out, she did this tattoo on her own leg back in 1970.  She said that she had also done her husband's entire back as well as tattoos on several motorcycle guys.  And not only that, it is a hand poked tattoo, she did not have the luxury of using an electric tattoo machine.  I think it has held up fairly well for being over 30 years old, although Dona did say the inside of the flower petals had been colored red which is no longer there.
So, I asked her if she would mind if I took a picture of her tattoo and put it on my blog and she said that would be fine!  So, there it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment